Having the best power tool is the ultimate way to get a job well done for any given project. A good power tool brand is known to provide robust, versatile, and durable products. The market is saturated with various brands, which might make it hard to choose the best and one that fully satisfies the needs.
It is vital to get a quality power tool for a reputable brand, whether it will be used at home for garden care or repairs or collecting them as a hobby. One might need the power tool for various reasons such as for woodworking, mowing, hedge trimming, and hammer drilling, among others. It is vital to get a brand that addresses multiple needs as well as appeals to the homeowners, beginners, and professionals.
Factors to consider when choosing a power tool brand
Power tool needed
First, it is advisable to have in mind the kind of tool needed as different power tool brands provide various tools. All power tool brands supply essential tools like drills and saws, but all of them do not provide specific tools like wood lathes and others.
The use of the tool
The purpose of the power tool is an essential factor as it helps the user establish the power tool brand to choose. It could be for DIY projects at home or professional use. Different brands appeal to different target audiences, which are the amateurs, homeowners, and professionals.
The best power tool brand
The history of Dewalt dates back to 1924 when the founder and owner, Raymond DeWalt, established a plant in Pennsylvania with an electric woodworking machine known as wonder-worker as the first primary product. The founder manufactured the first radial arm saw which was designed for the woodworkers.
The company was initially known as Dewalt products Co. and changed to Dewalt Inc. in 1947. Dewalt expanded its operations to Canada in 1953, aiming to get a wider reach. Through innovations and technology advancements, the company was able to add new products such as metal cutting machines and grinders and even gained Canadian and US patents.
In 1992, the company introduced a new line of power tools as well as accessories. The tools were portable and well suited for woodworkers, contractors, and remodelers. The new products comprised of drills, impact wrenches, and screwdrivers, among others. Another revolution happened in 1994 with the introduction of cordless power tools.
In the 2000s the company had already recorded over 200 power tools and over 800 accessories, and the innovations continue to date. Stanley Black & Decker now head the company.
The progress of the power tool brand
- 2005: Development of SHOCKS which is an active vibration control found in some of the hammers.
- 2010: introduction of 12V MAX* system of lithium-ion tools. Also, the launching of the metal cutting blade accessories line happened.
- 2011: Expansion of lithium-ion tools with the introduction of new 20V MAX* System. There was new 18V products as well as the expansion of accessories on the impact ready line.
- 2012: launch of perform and protect the line of products which included vibration grinders, E-clutch drill, among others.
- 2013: introduction of cordless 20VMAX*.
- 2015: Introduction of tool-connect which enables tracking of tools from anywhere for the users with Bluetooth enabled batteries.
- 2016: launch of FLEXVOLT®, a battery that changes the voltage automatically with the change of tools.
- 2017: the unveiling of XP™ Tape Measure as well as an expansion of 20V MAX* system with seven new nailers. There was also an Introduction of DEWALT BREAKAWAY™ Reciprocating Saw Blades.
The power tool brand provides both cordless and corded products. A lot of innovations have happened over the years. New products have been brought to the market to cater to the needs of the users. It is easy to recognize Dewalt power tools through its black and yellow color scheme. The products provided by this power tool brand are durable, have ergonomic designs, and high capacity battery packs.
All the power tools provided by Dewalt come with a combination of ease of use, maximum productivity, and high performance. The company’s expansions have continued and is now venturing into highly demanded voltages for its power tools line.
Dewalt’s power tools
As mentioned earlier Dewalt has both cordless and corded power tools and has been expanding to cater for the high voltages demands. Since the company was launched up to now, it has gone through a series of achievements and establishments and brought about powerful tools that the amateurs and the professionals can use with ease.
The company has outdone all other brands through the amazing 20V Max product line and 40V Max outdoor power equipment. It provides both combo kits as well as the tools only depending on what the users want. The following are among the top power tools offered by the company:
Power tools only
- DEWALT DCN692B 20V Max XR Brushless Dual Speed Nailer
- DEWALT DCBL720B 20V Lithium-Ion XR Brushless Blower
- DEWALT DCS350B 20V MAX Baretool Cordless Threaded Rod Cutter
- DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw
- DEWALT DCF899HB 20V MAX XR Brushless High Torque 1/2″ Impact Wrench
- DEWALT DCK421D2 20V MAX Lithium-Ion 4-Tool Combo Kit
- DEWALT DCK240C2 20v Lithium Drill Driver/Impact Combo Kit
Dewalt has revolutionized themselves since it was launched and offered high-quality power tools with ergonomic designs. The company is well relatable to the amateurs, professional, and homeowners. Over the years and through the expansion of their product line, it has provided products that focuses on woodworking and DIY projects. The only downside of the power tools offered by the company is that they have a life span of not more than ten years unlike other brands.
You may want to read more: