Salish Breeze is a small private community beautifully tucked “away from it all” in Birch Bay, Washington. We are nestled perfectly in the quiet forests and coastal breezes of the North Puget Sound (now called the Salish Sea).
This new community is for active families, empty nesters, busy professionals, and everyone who desires to live, play and grow in a peaceful neighborhood, surrounded by nature. Residents are connected to Birch Bay State Park, Whatcom Land Trust preserves, wide beaches and numerous county parks by a network of maintained walking trails and quiet side roads
Salish Breeze was designed with large, private lots, buffered by native trees and plants. All the homes in this neighborhood are unique in character and are built to high standards of quality and aesthetic beauty. Is anything but cookie cutter.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET A NEW HOME HERE?
You can purchase one of the homes as they come available for sale.
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT YOU WOULD WANT TO HAVE A NEW HOME BUILT FOR YOU? ONE WITH FOR YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS AND DESIRES IN MIND? IT IS NOT AS UNREALISTIC OR DIFFICULT AS IT SOUNDS OR AS YOU MAY HAVE HEARD.
HERE IS HOW OUR FIVE STEP HOME BUILDING PROCESS WORKS:
1. SET UP A FREE, NO OBLIGATION, DESIGN CONSULTATION – As part of our free design consultation, we help you figure our what kind of home you should build, what your final budget will be and what lot (if you don’t have one) might fit you best.
2. DESIGN AND PLANNING – If you decide to move forward, then we move into the home design process. This process is key to the success of your building experience and this is where we shine. We have a great system that takes your ideas and creates you a custom design that fits your personal space requirements, feature preferences and design tastes. We also have a professional team to guide your through the color choice and interior design process.
3. FIXED PRICE CONTRACT – Now we can enter into a fixed price contract. Here we detail everything and so there are no surprises or missing pieces.
4. WE TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING – We deal with all the complicated permitting, engineering and bank paperwork that are required to start construction (so you don’t have to).
5. WE BUILD YOUR HOME! – Your get the pleasure of watching your home being built from start to finish.
ANSWERS TO YOUR OTHER QUESTIONS-
Is it more expensive to build a custom home?
Of course what features and finishes you want in your home can determine the final cost but generally it does not cost any more to have us build you a custom home than to buy an equivalent home on the market.
How do I finance a building my home?
With historically low interest rates and lenders loosening the strict requirements that have been in place over the last 7+ years, It is a great time to buy a home. We have a great list of local banks and mortgage lenders to help you get the best value in the market.
There are two primary ways to finance the construction of a new home and we help our customers navigate the financing process.
1. A custom construction loan can be a good option for some. These loans allow you to lock in a rate at the time prior to construction and are usually the best option for those who have a 20% down payment.
2. Pre-sale financing can also be a good option. It is very muck like purchasing a new (already built) home except you get to design and build it like a custom home with a smaller down payment.
Is the process of having you build us a home difficult or stressful?
Our customers agree that building a home with us can be a very enjoyable and rewarding experience. We make the decision making process simple and easy by narrowing down the hundreds of options to the best that fit your style and budget and walking through the process with your from start to finish.
How long will it take before I can move in?
We can usually have you in your new home within 4 months from the time of design completion depending on our schedule and seasonal weather conditions.
Do you pay a referral fee on a custom or pre-sale home if we are working with a real-estate professional?
Yes, we honor that relationship and value the service your realtor provides by offering referral fees based on the lot purchase price and cost to build.
Call us or email us for a tour and a free, no obligation design consultation. See if building your dream home in Salish Breeze can be a reality.