Heron Crest is a wonderful new community locateded right in the middle of the extensive outdoor playground we call Northwest Washington. We are tucked away from it all, but right next to all the great schools, shopping, and park systems of Ferndale, Washington. Off the beaten track on a quiet hillside, this neighborhood is the place to settle in and enjoy life. With walking trails, a park, plenty of open space and only 30 lots total, this is a small, wonderfully private, neighborhood. You will find the homes here to be of exceptional quality and all are unique with their own custom design. Anything but “cookie cutter”.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET A NEW HOME HERE?
You can purchase one of the homes as they come available for sale at Heron Crest.
If you want a home specially built for you and your family, it is not as hard as you have heard.
Here is what our 5 step process looks like-
1. FREE, NO OBLIGATION, DESIGN CONSULTATION – As part of our free design consultation, we can help you determine if Heron Crest is the place for your new home, what lot fits you best and what the final cost will be.
2. Design and Planning – If you decide to move forward, then we move to the home design. This process is critical to the success of your building experience and where we really shine. We take your ideas and create you a custom design that fits your personal space requirements and design tastes. If your have a stock plan or plan ideas you already like, will can adapt those to your lot choice and other needs.
3. FIXED PRICE CONTRACT – Once we have your home design done and we have walked through the process of picking your design features, colors and specifications, we then enter into a fixed price contract. This makes sure there are no surprises or missing pieces that will change the cost of building your home. If you decide to add upgrades and features during construction, we agree in writing to do those changes at our builder cost with no markup.
4. WE TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING – We deal with all the complicated permitting, engineering and bank paperwork that are required to start construction (so you don’t have to).
5. WE BUILD IT! – Your get the pleasure of watching your home being built from start to finish.
ANSWERS TO YOUR OTHER QUESTIONS:
Is it more expensive to build a custom home?
Of course what features and finishes you want in your home can determine the final cost but generally it does not cost any more to have us build you a custom home than to buy an equivalent home on the market.
How do I finance a building my home?
With historically low interest rates and lenders loosening the strict requirements that have been in place over the last 7+ years, It is a great time to buy a home. We have a great list of local banks and mortgage lenders to help you get the best value in the market.
There are two primary ways to finance the construction of a new home and we help our customers navigate the financing process.
1. A custom construction loan can be a good option for some. These loans allow you to lock in a rate at the time prior to construction and are usually the best option for those who have a 20% down payment.
2. Pre-sale financing can also be a good option. It is very muck like purchasing a new (already built) home except you get to design and build it like a custom home with a smaller down payment.
Is the process of having you build us a home in Heron Crest difficult or stressful?
Our customers agree that building a home with us can be a very enjoyable and rewarding experience. We make the decision making process simple and easy by narrowing down the hundreds of options to the best that fit your style and budget and walking through the process with your from start to finish.
How long will it take before I can move in?
We can usually have you in your new home within 5 months from the time of design completion depending on our schedule and seasonal weather conditions.
Do you pay a referral fee on a custom or pre-sale home if we are working with a real-estate professional?
Yes, we honor that relationship and value the service your realtor provides by offering referral fees based on the lot purchase price and cost to build.
Call us or email us for a tour and a free, no obligation, design consultation. See if building your dream home in Heron Crest can be a reality.